Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Custom orders



Recently, I have realized how much I enjoy doing custom orders. At Etsy, they have alchemy listings (basically classified ads seeking handcrafted items) which makes good reading ("I need 20 crocheted skull heads") along with good business. I love the challenge of designing something that meets their requirements with what I have on hand. It's also fun to add my own spin ( "if we do this, it would be machine washable").

Above are some of the results. The first is for a soft, machine washable bag that was crafted out of flannel and a quilted interior. The second request wanted a loud and bright wrislet -- I had just found the fabric (not normally my taste). It looks so cheery!

The last is my favorite, a design for a drawstring sock knitting bag. I want one for my scarf projects, much more chic than zip lock baggies!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Every time I visit you I feel like I say, "oh, you clever thing!" and this time is no exception.

Oh, you clever thing!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you have the opportunity to create new items with your custom orders! I love all three items, and the bright fabric is perfect for summer.
The drawstring sock knitting bag is a great idea. I use ziplock bags for all of my projects, and I must admit, it's not very chic. Plus I get strange looks when I carry my zippy into a nice restaurant. =)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you, if I haven't said this before, that I just love your blog. Sewing, knitting, clever all in one-I like it. At least the sewing and knitting are things we have in common. I'll be checking you often. Great bags!!

.tomate d'épingles. said...

wow those look great! love the wristlet

lindiepindie said...

You did a great job on all three. The wristlet is perfect.