Thursday, July 13, 2006

Reasons for my silence

I can't believe the last time I posted was in June! July has been busy...We had our 14th annual block party on the Fourth of July. The street is closed (kids love to run free without parents having a panic attack) and there is tons of food and fun games. One is the Shoe Fling, where you compete to see who can kick their shoe the farthest. It sounds silly, but after seeing people falling backwards and shoes landing on rooftops and trees, it has become one of the most anticipated events. Here are my kiddies in the heat of the competition:


Some crafting trivial...did you know that you can fill 50 water balloons in 15 minutes with the help of a crochet hook? I figured I needed some help after I nearly sliced off my index finger with a rotary cutter! Sorry for the crappy picture.


Afterwards, we vacationed in Hawaii. Lots of fun swimming and snorkeling -- but kiddies swim in jean shorts when mommy forgets to pack swimsuits (during this photo op, hubby is at the local Kmart purchasing replacements).

Though it was a week away from my sewing machine, I gained valuable scarf knitting time (ladder garter in an lambswool angora blend, farrow rib in in Lamb's Pride Superwash Bulky and acrylic mohair yarn, and another farrow rib in Rowan's discontinued Cork). I believe I was the only one at Hanamau Bay with a knitting project!
Some ethereal blooms in a kid mohair, possible scarf embellishments.
Glad to be blogging again!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be just like me to forget swim suits on a trip to Hawaii. :o) Looks like you guys had fun and you got a lot of knitting done! Welcome home.

Oh yeah and those rotary cutters can be really mean at times. Yuck.