Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Drawstring bags for swimming lessons

This is what my kiddies have been using for our daily swimming lessons...
Reminds me of that saying about the cobbler's children going barefoot.

After purchasing some Hello Kitty fabric from Ebay, I made a couple of drawstring bags out of a heavyweight denim.
Some project notes:
- use larger channel if using a thick drawstring for ease of closure
- add velcro closures on outside pockets (it bulges out when full)

They are machine washable and the pockets are great for goggles, combs and ponytail holders (they are girly girls).

Now onto school lunch totes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute bags!!

Junie Moon said...

I love the bags and appreciate the extra tips (velcro, wider channel). Good idea for containing all the swimming paraphenalia.

Anonymous said...

I made swim bags for the boys this summer as well - I had to because carrying all of their stuff was breaking my back!

Hello Kitty is so cute - and the bags are much more fun that the plastic ones before them! I'll bet you'll get a lot of compliments at the pool!

Anonymous said...

Those are great!