Thursday, September 04, 2008

New school year = New lunch bags

Along with new school supplies (and just a few new outfits), the girls were clamoring for new lunch bags.  They liked their old ones, but wanted to tweak the design (the apple does not fall far from the tree).  It needed to be larger to fit these larger sandwich boxes and have a zippered closure.

They have the same denim bottom for durability and stain resistance (I think school yards are scuzzy) and a single hand/shoulder strap.  I thought my oldest would have outgrown these "cutesy" bags, but she carries it proudly to middle school.  The best part is they are machine washable and dryable...normal settings.

It is lined with a sweet apple print.  It's roomier enough for everything and even their thermos.
A tutorial for these should be up in a few days :)

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Nobody (non female, at least :P ) it's too grown up for these cuties. Really nice!

Anonymous said...

I really like these. The fabric is great! My sister has been asking me if I could make her a lunch bag and this would be perfect. I haven't been able to find a pattern anywhere so I'll be watching for the tutorial.

Anonymous said...

these look great. No wonder they are wanting to take them to school :)

The McAuleys said...

Oh, I cannot wait for the tutorial!!!! So great.

Kara said...

you are such an awesome mommy what cool bags - I love the design, I could do with one for my packed lunch lol
kara
x