Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to school: Drawstring lunchbags


Every year my girls ask for another lunch bag, even though their previous ones are still in good condition (I end up reusing them for portable knitting bags). This time, we opted for these unlined (but with french seams) drawstring bags. I love the sturdy cords (from thrifting) which hold their shape and provide enough friction that the bag stays closed.

The cotton fabric was bought during our summer trip to Japan for my youngest, who loves sushi. We had a sushi making party for her last birthday (just imagine seven girls and a tub of sticky rice!).



Here is another one with a denim bottom so they would be distinguishable from each other. They wanted an embroidered label, but I'm always leary of public monograms on personal items. Knowing a child's name is power. Enough of the scary talk...



It has a little gusset.



They are super roomy for all their plastic containers...



and their huge Aladdin thermos (I love these! Basically, the food is heated via the microwave in the am and stays hot until lunch time).

And next year, they will want something different...

0 comments: