Monday, August 31, 2009

Injecting culture in your children



This past spring and summer, I have tried to exposure my children with a bit of culture. We live in a major metropolitan city with world class museums and it was high time we took advantage of them. I don't know about your kids, but there is a lot of eye rolling when when mine realize we are going to an "adult" museum. Anyways, we have seen the Faberge exhibit at the Legion of Honor, King Tut at the DeYoung, and the photo galleries at the San Francisco of Modern Art. More often than naught, they end up enjoy it.

Sometimes, I wonder if it has any impact other than interesting dinner conversation. Then I found a display on their bookshelf.



What I really loved was the placard stating the artist and materials used. So sweet.



And another piece in the collection.

Next up for my enthusiastic kids, the Samurai exhibit at the Asian Art Museum.

0 comments: