Sunday, June 25, 2006

Another fun day of thrifting

After running mutiple errands with kids in tow (maximizing that $3/gallon of gas), I tentatively asked them if they would mind heading over to mommy's favorite store. The sweethearts said yes and off we went! I found boxes of samples of pillow shams and cases and sheets priced 50-cents a piece! My mouth dropped slightly before stuffing my basket. A disgruntled worker walked up, complaining of having to stock again. I generously volunteered to help out -- my good deed for the hour and first dibs on the new bedding!

Lovely, lovely quilted pillow shams....maybe knitting needle cases, maybe bags, maybe for my bed!


An assortment of cotton prints. My favorites are the bright floral ones. On the left is a perfect valance for my kitchen -- no more veggie chopping in the afternoon sun!


Some luxurious fibers...velvets, silks...basically the handwashables. My favorite is the maroon silk blend with embroidered flowers with velvet leaves. Yummy!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, that's an amazing haul! Such beautiful stuff!

Anonymous said...

Look at those quilted pillow shams! Just lovely. And I love the way you were so "generous" in offering to restock with her. :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, great fabrics!!
It's sweet that your kids were willing to go to your favorite store. =)