Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mini overnight bags: The completed project photos

Drum roll please.....here they are:

An interior shot.
An elastic edged side pocket.

Proud owner of the Sis Bloom overnight bag.

Proud owner of the Amy Butler bag (Why does this one seem bigger on a taller recipient? I guess wrong camera angles can add 10 pounds).
I'm really happy how these turned out! It was difficult to make both at the same time -- my girls have figured out that being first is synonymous with owning mistake riddled prototype. So I alternated between both and thus equally distributed the mistakes :)

I just cut out my own and hopefully mine will have just a few mistakes :)
P.S. I'm trying to work out a pattern for these, but the gusset dimensions are a bit fiddly.

ETA:  Without errors, each bag should take 4-5 hours to cut and sew.  Cutting time was longer due to limited yardage (and to center motifs).  Another hour to draft and cut pattern pieces.

10 comments:

Anna said...

I'm sure your daughters will want to go travelling every week now! The bags look great!

Cheeky Beaks said...

Wow, what a great achievement to make those beautiful bags!

Muddling Through said...

I've been waiting with bated breath to see the finished project(s), and the end product is beyond my expectation! You did a fantastic job! I know your girls will enjoy using these for a long time.
~Elaine~

LollyChops said...

WOW! These turned out fabulous! That Amy Butler bag is really amazing!

traciec19 said...

These are so cute and awesome. I bet your daughters' love them.

veronica said...

love your bags. is your fabric regular cotton? or is it decorator fabric?

blissful said...

Thanks everyone :)

Veronica -- it's regular quilting fabric.

jacqui jones said...

these r great...i want some

Heidi said...

Wow, they are fabulous! How much time does it take you to make one? It looks like a lot of work but the result is amazing. Love it!

Heidi

blissful said...

Heidi -- Without errors,it took about 4-5 hours to cut and sew. Another hour to draft and cut pattern pieces. Thanks for visiting :)

Quenna