Friday, October 03, 2008

Portable knitting bags


Like most knitters, I have multiple projects at any given time. A large one for at home knitting and a smaller one for traveling (especially during car rides, watching kiddie extracurricular activities, monitoring homework, and waiting for a pot to boil). I usually use gallon sized ziplock bags, but they are a bit "crunchy" and ordinary. So I made a couple with an oatmeal linen paired with a cute Japanese print. There are french seams inside with a drawstring closure. I wanted to add a clear vinyl panel (to see what's inside) but washablity won out (thank goodness since I stained it with soy sauce on its first outing).



It's paired with the lacy baby bonnet from Erika Knight's Knitting for Two which is my standard baby girl shower gift. The humungo satin bows are replaced with a crocheted ties.

0 comments: