Monday, August 17, 2009

Creating your own rubber stamps





My youngest took an art class this summer and became enamored with rubber stamps. After finding Lotta Prints at the local library we decided to make our own. Using foam sheets, we cut out our our designs and glued them onto foam poster board. A spray adhesive was used instead of Elmer's because it was faster drying. My daughter made the "penguins in love" while I tried a cherry blossom branch.





I tried to add veins to this leaf using an exacto knife (making parallel lines and them cutting between them with scissors. The foam seems to really absorb the ink so the prints look uneven, but it looks more organic. They were loads of fun :)




1 comments:

leah said...

http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2009/07/stampin.html

check this out, quenna! there were two stamping posts in my blog reader today :)